- In his motivational speeches,a Generational speaker, Jason Dorsey sited some very compelling research. I did a bit of digging and it is a real eye opener as to the diversity and values of our workforce today.
- Pew Research Centers Report on Generation Next ( 18 to 29 year olds), x and y generation, yearlong series of original reports that explore the behaviors, values and opinions of today’s teens and twenty-somethings. The report suggests that teenagers are confident, self expressive,liberal and receptive. They are also armed and dangerous thanks to technology. Through twitter, facebook and social networks they way to communicate immediately to the whole world.Their is now a new term called, Sexting, teenagers typing sexually oriented messages. Three quarters of the x and y generation have created a profile on social networking sites.
- One if five teenagers have posted a video of themselves online. 40% have a tattoo, one quarter have a peircing somewhere other than an earlobe.
- Only 60% were raised by both parents
- 4% of cell-owning teens ages 12-17 say they have sent sexually suggestive nude or nearly nude images of themselves to someone else via text messaging.Likely not their parents.
- 15% of cell-owning teens ages 12-17 say they have received sexually suggestive nude or nearly nude images of someone they know via text messaging on their cell phone.
In addition, they provide x and y generation statistics on teens versus generation x and cell phone trends. They find, for example, that, as of 2009, 58% of 12 year-olds own a cell phone, an increase from 18% in 2004. The Generational speaker and gurus agreed leadership must embrace the diversity.
Motivational Speaker, Jody Urquhart