It seems like everyone is a leadership expert today, so why not Santa Clause?It turns out Santa has great advice for anyone in a leadership role.
Getting big things done all year long isn't about magic. It's about Leadership development. Through his motivational speeches Santas leadership commands hundreds of elves and make millions of christmas dreams come true.
Here’s a few pointers from Dave Contrel on how to Lead like Santa does …
1. Build a wonderful workshop!
- Make the MISSION the MAIN THING
- Focus on your PEOPLE as well as your purpose
- Let VALUES be your guide
2. Choose your reindeer wisely!
- Hire TOUGH so you can manage EASY
- PROMOTE the right ones….for the right reasons
- Go for the DIVERSITY advantage
3. Make a list and check it twice!
- PLAN your work
- WORK your plan
- Make the MOST of what you have
4. Listen to the Elves!
- OPEN your ears to participation
- PAY ATTENTION to how you’re percieved
- Walk awhile in THEIR shoes
5. Get beyond the red wagons!
- Help everyone accept the reality of CHANGE
- Remember: The CUSTOMER is really in charge
- TEACH “The Business” of the Business
Santa is a leadership expert, an inspiration and a great speaker.
Keynote Speaker Jody Urquhart