The motivational keynote speaker fee can range from a few thousand dollars to upwards of a hundred thousand dollars.
If you are hiring a motivational speaker here are some ways to potentially save money:
- Negotiate. There may be ways to entice a motivational speaker to reduce their fee to make it more feasible. Offer them booth space in the exhibit hall to sell their books, give them space in your magazine or newsletter, sell them on how fantastic your association or organization is and potential opportunities that will result from the motivational speech.
- Ask the hotel to offer the motivational speaker for an extended stay or late check out time as incentive
- Hire the same motivational speaker for more than one motivational speech, either on different days or for different venues.
- Offer to refer a motivational speaker to other state associations or locations as incentive to negotiate the fee.
- Hire a local motivational speaker ( who lives in the city your event takes place) to reduce travel expenditures. Also ease and convenience of local speaking engagements is a big plus!
- If you think travel expenses may be high, ask for an all inclusive ( travel and all expenses included) fee.
See our full resources on How to Hire a Motivational Speaker here.