I was recently an inspirational speaker for a hospital leadership retreat. The other inspirational speaker for the hospital leaders, Ralph Burns, unravelled for us 7 key leadership qualities in his motivational speech.
Here are the 7 Leadership Qualites:
- 1. Engage. It is impossible to lead from a distance; without engagement, you cannot lead effectively.
- Equip. For most people, poorly defined tasks are one of the highest areas of dissatisfaction.
- Encourage. It's not just in tough situations that people need encouragement.
- Empower. True empowerment is preparation followed by appropriate freedom.
- Energize. Great leaders energize and inspire those they lead.
- Elevate. It's not about getting the credit; it's about helping the organization, and everyone in it be the best they can.
- Educate. Leadership is all about helping others become the best they can be. Leadership is built on a foundation of teaching, helping and guiding.
The inspirational speaker ended his motivational speech by compelling hospital leaders to embrace and focus on one or two qualities for a full month and see what an impact it makes.